As you can see from my website, bright colors are really inspirational and important to me. I love all things colorful, from the beautiful and vibrant feathers on an exotic bird, to the brightly colored plants and flowers in the garden. Believe it or not, colors actually help to improve our mood and make us happy. It’s thought that being surrounded by a warm colors, such as yellows and oranges, help to relax us, make us feel more conformable and put us in a good mood. This might explain why many people paint the walls of their sitting room with warm colors because it brings a calm and relaxed atmosphere to the room. Those who seek more modern sitting rooms often decorate using cool colors such as pale blues and greys.
If you’re like me and you love bright colors – maybe you’ve decorated your room with colorful ornaments or you’ve accessorized your laptop with bright stickers which you enjoy looking at when you play binguez or get on with some work – then you are sure to love reading about the healthy and colorful rainbow salad recipe below. It’s not just our outfits or our homes which we can make colorful, but now we can even make food more fun by adding some color to our dishes.
Photo from Cooking With My Kids
Fruity Rainbow Salad Recipe
- Red Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Beetroot
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Onion
- Pumpkin Seeds or Croutons
- Dried Cranberries and Apricots
- Begin by washing the lettuce and patting it dry.
- Next, chop the pepper into long, thin strips and arrange in a circle around the rim of the plate.
- Then chop the cherry tomatoes in half and neatly arrange between the pepper strips.
- Place the lettuce in the middle of the plate and top with some finely chopped onion and beetroot.
- Chop the dried apricots into bite-size chunks and sprinkle over the salad with the cranberries.
- Top with pumpkin seeds, or if you prefer, croutons.
- Serve with crusty bread and a glass of orange juice.